Friday, March 26, 2010

My favorite quotes

"Acting is not about dressing up. Acting is about stripping bare. the whole essence of learning lines is to forget them so you can make them sounds like you thought of them that instant."

"Those who do not move do not notice their chains."

"If it takes away the pain, it's alright."

"We cannot have peace among men whose hearts find delight in killing any living creature."

"And it took bites out of her insides, till she was just a hollow shell."

"I didn't know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely, the tears would fly out of my throat and I'd cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full."

"When things are perfect-that's when you need to worry most."

"I do not like the idea of happiness-it is too momentary. I would say that I was always busy and interested in something. Interest has more meaning than happiness."

"I can break and I can take it with a smile."

"Shine on me baby cause it's rainin in my heart."

"I started out alone and in the end that's where I'll be."

"I laugh out loud my life's a mess, I have gone too far in my lifelessness."

"Love is forever! Yeah well don't believe it. It's something that happens to you like anything else. It starts and then it stops."

"I don't break hearts, I just dent them."

"Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky."

"Women should be two things: classy and fabulous."

"Like the wind on the meadow, I'm bound to move on."

"Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got."

"Life is not a book. You can't just set it down on the coffee table and walk away from it when it gets boring or you get tired."

"Miz Vivi is in love with you one day and drop you like a hot potato the next."

"My eyes destroy you. I have this condition called monster eyes. I find something not to like and it becomes enormous, it becomes the whole world. So, he continued 'sometimes I think the kindest thing I can do for a person is to keep them out of range of those eyes like keeping a wolf out of moonlight."

"Pour love on the broken places"

"I start to feel like I can't maintain the facade any longer, that I may just start to show through. And I wish I knew what was wrong, maybe something about how stupid my whole life is."

"I have this palpable absolute sense that I'm cracking up, that there's really no good reason why-and that-even worse-there's nothing I can do about it. And the thing that's really bugging me, as I lie curled up,is that the scene I'm enacting reminds me of thing, it reminds me of my whole life."

"use everything if your life to create your art"

"It was like sawdust the unhappiness. It infiltrated everything, everything was a problem. Everything made her cry-school, homework, boyfriends, the future, the lack of future, but it was so hard to say exactly what the problem was in the first place."

"Life's fucking tough-you've got to make the most of it."

"I am more trouble than I'm worth."

"Loneliness is a human condition, no one will ever fill that void."

"the grass beneath my feet is hard and cold just like I've come to be."

"Don't expect some guy to save you. Do not sit around thinking that all would be perfect if only you had a boyfriend to catch you pained tears and hold a Kleenex around your nostrils while you blow your nose. Because unfortunately, that is not how it works."

"Live fast, die young."

"A man works all his life in a glass factory, one day he feels like picking up a hammer."

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear."

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates."

"An idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all."

"It's better to keep one's mouth shut and bethought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt."

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

"I don't like standard beauty. There is no beauty without strangeness."

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did he would cease to be an artist."

"A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."

"cause if I'm so restless then why do I want nothing but to rest my soul."

"Van Gogh's going crazy, Dylan Thomas is drinking himself to death etc, were just efforts on their behalf to break out of the straight jacket of their own minds."

"I'll leave you to make out with your sock drawer."

"Gnome Kicking says a lot about a man's character."

"Crater face Cutsler went on to marry Clubfoot Cindy...beautiful children."

"and round her house she set such a barricade of barb and check against mutinous weather. as no mere insurgent man could hope to break with curse, fist, threat, or love either."

"I want to sleep with you. Now, tonight, and at any time you may care to call me. I want your naked body, your skin, your mouth, your hands. I want you-like this-not hysterical with desire but coldly and consciously-without dignity and without regrets-I want you-I have no self-respect to bargain with me and divide me-I want you-I want you like an animal, or a cat on a fence, or a whore."

"cause I fall and I break just as easy as an egg, yeah my shell isn't as hard as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment